Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Wow, it's been a while.  Realized people are actually noticing I have a blog, so maybe I should start updating it :)
Now that I have a 2 year old (when did that happen????) I am especially interested in toddler nutrition.  While my daughter is still nursing, her nutrition needs are being met more by food now and less by mama's milk.  I am going to try to post a new recipe a week to try.
All the reading I have been doing is making me consider going gluten free....but not sure I am ready for that big of a change right out of the gate.  So our focus will be on whole foods, few ingredients and EASY.  I don't have time to spend hours in the kitchen a day, and I am certain most mamas are in the same boat.
Stoked about my daughter getting to start Montessori school at the end of the month.  One of my biggest complaints about day care has been their meal plan.  They have a kitchen and prepare all the meals and snacks there, with parents being unable to bring food from home.  Sounds great until you look at the menu (all USDA approved no less)..consisting of packaged foods, canned fruits and such nutritious offerings as jello and captain crunch.  Wonder why kids are highly wound, hyperactive and regularly sick?  Maybe their nutrition (or lack there of) has something to do with it.....

No comments:

Post a Comment